This position allows you to work from home, or work from Rome. Offices are optional.
WHAT'S THE JOB?
Devolver Digital is looking for an experienced PR Manager with a passion for video games to join our team.
The PR Manager will have great people skills, the ability to foster strong relationships with the press, and a passion for getting Devolver Digital’s games into the mind and hands of our audience.
WHAT YOU WILL REALLY BE DOING
- Create, design and lead the execution of title-specific communications plans consistent with Devolver Digital’s overall brand strategy and philosophy
- Draft messaging and shape pitches for each stage of the communications process
- Plan PR roadmaps including schedules and calendars in an organized, timely manner. Ensure visibility and status of all activities and results to internal stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally with brand managers, social/community/influencer and PR agency teams to coordinate and align on paid content creator/influencer activities
- Help manage the preparation and presentation of products at shows, displays and exhibits. Demo games as needed
- Strategize, develop and execute effective communications for Devolver Digital’s games that cover announcement and post-launch phases for titles as well as ongoing brand visibility
- Monitor competitor and broader industry happenings to ensure activities are timely, relevant and adaptable as needed. Recommend and adopt best practices on an ongoing basis
- Liaise with social, marketing, sales, licensing and other teams to provide support for relevant promotions, partner products, etc.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on game builds as needed, keeping in mind potential pros and cons that may come up from media/content creators and flagging as needed to internal groups
- Work closely with internal or external development teams depending on the assigned projects
HOW YOU WILL BE DOING THIS
- You’ll be reporting to the PR Director as well as working with other Devolver team members to help deliver successful PR campaigns
- As a crucial role in the commercial success of any title you will be helping to make impactful business decisions on a range of different games and opportunities
Our personality is at the heart of what Devolver means to its staff, customers, partners, and the developers who choose to work with us. The success of Devolver is built in no small part on the personalities and values of its team, which permeate everything the company has done since its inception.
We love games, and all the people who make them, play them and write or make videos about them. We want this deeply personal passion to shine through in everything we do and say as individuals and as a company.
NICE TO HAVES
- At least 3 years of PR experience in gaming industry
- Curious self-starter with a desire to learn on the job
- Proven track record of successful PR campaigns
- Passion for games and knowledge of industry trends and key players
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com, with "PR Manager Application - YOUR NAME" in the subject line, and also let us know why you’re right for this role.
Due to the high number of applications we receive we can't respond to everyone, but all applications are considered. In the event you don't hear from us, unfortunately that means you've been unsuccessful this time. We appreciate everyone that has taken the time to apply, and wish you all the best of luck!