We have an excellent opportunity for a developer to join the team as a Principal Designer working on our new FPS IP at our studio based in Horsham, West Sussex.
In this exciting role, you will be able to make a real impact in our game by delivering high quality systems and gameplay. To do so, you will be collaborating and creating with our talented and passionate team, developing an innovative brand-new IP.
We are looking for a designer with drive that will be able to own features.
As Principal Designer on this new and exciting project, you will own the delivery of features and systems that will allow us to deliver a great player experience, and establish the game, for long term growth and iteration.
You will contribute to a multi-discipline team, assuming the ownership of the feature to deliver world class experience in an innovative multiplayer FPS.
In this role, you will also communicate and collaborate closely with the project's creative leaders to effectively deliver on the vision of the game. As a Principal on the project, you would contribute to managing and developing designers within your team.
On a day to day basis, you will:
- Be the owner of a feature or area of the game, supported by a multidisciplinary team.
- Continuously look to improve gameplay, processes, and techniques on the project.
- Oversee work within your area, give feedback, set goals and career development pathways.
- Share regular updates with the varying development disciplines across team highlighting when key achievements are identified and raise any issues.
As well as working within your own area of the project, you will work closely with Level Design, Animation, Art, Audio and Production.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience working on AI, Systems, or Modes in a multiplayer game.
- Experience in feature ownership role – coordinating multidisciplinary work to deliver features or content.
- Strong Design skills: understanding key design process and work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to produce documentation and design.
- Demonstrated ability to give effective critiques and take feedback for improvement.
- Experience of using UE4 in development.
- Leadership skills in leading and mentoring designers.
- Experience in AAA game development in a senior position.
- Experience in Live game environment.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.