One Player Missions client is a innovative game development studio who build showcase titles for console platforms as part of a global studio group.
The studio are looking for a Principal Physics Programmer to join the early development of a new, AAA, Unreal 5 multiplayer action game. The successful candidate will understand and evaluate the physics related requirements of the project and understand what further developments are required.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience working in, C++.
- Confidence working with 3D maths (vectors, matrices, linear algebra).
- General software engineering knowledge (OOP, design patterns, API development).
- Experience profiling and optimising CPU performance of real-time systems.
- Experience debugging issues in large and complex codebases.
- An intuition for, and interest in, ‘game feel’.
- A willingness and desire to learn, adapt and work outside of your comfort zone.
- Approachable, with a proactive attitude towards cross-discipline communication.
- Professional experience in a similar role, ideally with at least one shipped title.
- Produce robust, efficient, clear, and maintainable code, while striving to reduce technical debt across the game.
- Investigate and evaluate third party tools, libraries, and frameworks.
- Undertake investigation as required to provide realistic targets, budgets and expectations based on robust profiling, considering the design requirements of the game.
- Design and oversee implementation of physics system protocols and disseminate budgets, protocols, and pipelines across the game team.
- Respond to design feedback to help meet the creative vision of the game.
- Provide constructive input to and feedback on designs during initial design, prototyping, iteration, and polish stages.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other coders to improve and maintain the physics system.
- Take responsibility for your own work, as well as assisting across the project with debugging, profiling, and optimisation, and performing diligent testing of changes.
- Use your development experience to help mentor and guide more junior members of the coding team.
- Familiarity with working in Unreal Engine 4 or 5 would be very beneficial.
- Console development experience would be advantageous.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!