We are an Unreal game studio based in Berlin looking to recruit a Principal Programmer to lead technical decisions and tackle the most challenging technical problems. From estimating projects to writing code, and from designing code architecture to creating coding standards, a Principal Programmer will have the opportunity to shape the technical direction of projects and the studio as they work with a range of highly regarded IPs and external partners on many different platforms.
What will you do?
- Write high quality code that can be delivered on time
- Work on a wide variety of projects and tasks in various engines and languages
- Contribute to a programming team by planning and directing your own work and working with a Lead Programmer or Producer to set the work for the rest of your team
- Liaise with other disciplines and teams within the studio and external partners to facilitate development
- Contribute to ensuring that build pipelines are in place to deliver regular, testable builds
- Have the opportunity to interview candidates for programming roles within the studio
- Report to the Technical Director and assist in drawing up policy and best practices
- Adhere to and enforce programming best practices and standards
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a gameplay programmer.
- At least 3 years of professional experience working in Unreal Engine 4.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++.
- Knowledge of gameplay mechanics in terms of modern video games.
- Taking ownership and working iteratively on features, from design to delivery phase.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent English
- An understanding of working with the command line is essential
- Experience with build systems (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity) is expected
- Relocation support – living in the centre of Europe
- Health insurance and pension
- Gym membership
- Learning and Development
- Flexible work hours
Please e-mail your CV as a Word document to email@example.com quoting reference 2264.
We are an equal opps company, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.