Job Title: Game Producer
Location: SKC Games Studio, The EpiCentre, Haverhill, Suffolk, CB9 7LR
Reports to: Creative Director
Studio: SKC Games Studio
SKC Games Studio, an independent video game developer based in the UK. Our focus is on creating engaging, enlightening and informative story-driven RPGs that challenge players of all ages.
Our mission is to revolutionise the gaming industry by delivering unparalleled entertainment that utilises cutting-edge technologies and immerses players in new and exciting environments and worlds. Our first franchise is a series of fictional role-playing games set in an overarching Metaverse with a non-fictional context, designed to provide both entertainment and thought-provoking content. We pride ourselves on our innovative approach to player engagement, drawing on real-world detail to create a fictional world that feels personal and dynamic.
As Producer, you will be responsible for managing a project throughout its product development cycle and establishing a vision and strategy for the development of outstanding quality games. This position gives you the chance to drive a project by managing the schedule and the quality of the game. This role requires a thorough player centric mindset, Team Leadership, knowledge of Project Management, and video game production processes.
- Define, present and follow up on the development strategy for the game.
- Help define scope, milestones and deliverables of the project.
- Coordinate the production team, assisting them with their development by mentoring them.
- Manage risks and supervise/approve contingency plans.
- Ensure product goals meets studio vision by working to brief from the Studio Manager.
- Define project needs and assist on building the core teams.
- Ensure project has the needed resources.
- Ensure smooth communication across all project, internally and externally.
- Drive and own responsibility of product development strategy from a market, player, content and technological perspective.
- Set out Brand development plan.
- Validates choices that impact the project.
- 5+ years of experience in the production of video games.
- You have shipped at least one AAA title either on PC and/or console from start to end.
- Excellent knowledge of production, difficulties generally encountered by the teams and solutions tailored to their requirements.
- You have strong experience in building and leading high performing teams.
- Game development tools and methodology knowledge and work experience (Jira, etc.) Analytical skills required to optimize the budget and managing schedules and project resources to achieve desired results.
- Strong ability to collaborate with multiple international teams, both internal and external.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and great verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Up to date knowledge in different game genres.
Desired but non-essential:
Experience with JIRA
- Experience with ShotGrid
If you are passionate about game development and have the skills and experience required for this role, we encourage you to apply today. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Apply at: https://skcgames.uk/careers