Product Development Assistant - 12 Month FTC
Based at Sega HQ, Brentford, West London.
Hybrid - 2 days per week in the office, 3 days flexible.
SEGA employees are passionate about entertaining the world with creative, innovative experiences while being part of a vibrant gaming community. We are a global company with the resources to match, coupled with a place where everyone knows each other on a first-name basis, working together to create innovative experiences, one community at a time. Our world-class development Studios span the UK, France, Bulgaria, and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include, Amplitude Studios, Creative Assembly, HARDlight, Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive, and Two Point Studios.
The Product Development Assistant, Sonic Team (Based in London) will be responsible for working alongside the Senior Product Development Manager, overseeing Product Development of all licensed merchandise across EMEA for Sonic the Hedgehog and other SEGA intellectual properties. This role within our dynamic licensing team offers great opportunities for the right individual to shape the overall look and direction of licensed products and branding.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, Microsoft package discounts, and much more!
You will have a passion for gaming and will possess strong all-around creative knowledge and ability with a proven track record of having worked across kids and/or adult consumer products within the licensing and entertainment industry.
- Work closely with the Sr. Product Development Manager across product submissions.
- Ensure prompt and accurate feedback is provided to partners.
- Work with licensees to guide the development and production of a compelling product that best represents SEGA IP at retail.
- Act as a “Brand Guardian” and point person for the approval of licensed products for assigned categories and licensees, ensuring that products align with SEGA brand guidelines and use only approved art assets provided.
- Communicate daily with internal and/or external partners via phone, Teams, or email.
- Maintain an accurate and detailed record of the development of each product from concept to final approval.
- Manage pre-production and production samples within archive.
- Arrange and attend both on-site and offsite business meetings and tradeshows with licensees; some travel may be required.
- Liaise with licensing team counterparts at headquarters in Burbank, California.
- Perform other managerial and administrative duties consistent with the position as occasionally required by the manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of relevant experience with licensed products or brand management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
- Team player and collaborator.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and embrace the full spectrum of humanity, believing in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from; Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us –regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform and build awareness through our inclusion and wellbeing staff-led values groups which include: DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (Reinforcing Inclusion through Solidarity and Equality), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (group supporting mental health), Momiji (group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).