This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Projects: Indie Games
OPM are working with a well-established UK developer steeped in history, awards, and success. They have developed on multiple platforms and through continued growth they are looking for a Programming Manager to join their team on newest projects.
The successful candidate will work along with various internal and external teams, supporting projects with your technical knowledge and planning skills to manage each project from their diverse group of partners from around the world enabling them to deliver exceptional gaming experiences.
You will also help build and enhance internals team together with the Technical Director and members of the department, alongside maintaining relationships with third parties providing tools for development.
- Professional experience in games development experience as a Lead or Manager.
- Deep knowledge of processes and technologies used in games development.
- Team management experience with production schedules and technical documentation.
- Experience with reviewing job applications and undertaking interviews for potential new staff.
- Ability to communicate cross-discipline on technical subjects to ensure clear and concise requirements are understood by all stakeholders.
- Assisting multiple teams with technical knowledge and experience.
- Communicating knowledge, inspiring, and motivating others to produce new ideas.
- Reviewing schedules and technical planning for projects.
- Working with Production to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Being a technical point of contact for external partners for their projects.
- Looking ahead to ensure risks are recognised and suitable plans put in place.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Ability to prototype and introduce new technical solutions.
- Deep knowledge and experience with Unreal or Unity.
- Deep knowledge of one or more programming specialisms such as: Systems, AI, Rendering, Networking, UI.
- Outstanding C++ or C# knowledge including experience with architecture and optimisation.
- Professional experience developing for console platforms.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Employee share scheme.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Flexible start and finish times with an option of some remote working.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!