We're a zero-crunch, family-first studio that celebrates diversity and community. Unlimited holiday as standard with a 25 day minimum enforced. We play games together, we work hard together.
At Netspeak we believe moving fast is key to keeping our players happy & engaged. This means multiple streams of new content, from new tasks and items to large scale features such as social or new loops within the game. As a mobile MMO we also have interesting and challenging technical considerations that need to meet our quality bar.
QA at Netspeak exists to improve retention and monetisation across all products. The team defines, enforces and raises our internal definitions of quality in every aspect of work we do. Working side by side with the other developers, QA is involved from start to finish of the feature, product and strategic lifecycles. You must constantly be looking for new and innovative ways to enable your team to reach their goals - you must be reliable, diligent and organised in your every undertaking. You will strive to find the balance between velocity, quality and cost that most aligns with the highest level business needs.
- Test on a broad range of mobile devices and PC, writing clear reproducible bug tickets.
- Write clean “test plans” collaborating with all stakeholders (Engineers, Production etc.)
- Ensure everything Netspeak delivers to players is at a consistently high quality bar
- Communicate to make sure the needs of the QA team and customer are visible
- Learn about our technology & our customers and grow alongside both
Build a robust set of processes, communicate clearly and ensure the quality of the product for our customers. Levelling up our internal testing practices by bringing prior knowledge to help us test more effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment whilst collaborating across the business.
Skills and experience:
- Possess or be able to develop strong skills in testing; reproducing issues & drilling into root cause analysis
- Strong communicator, able to concisely describe issues in an easy to understand manner via both text and in video calls
- Organised, diligent and thorough
- Be able to be proactive in identifying possible problem areas
- No formal qualifications required
- No need to have worked in games previously