We are working with a FPS games studio based in Poland looking for a remote C++ Lead AI Programmer. For this role to be remote you will need to work to European core working hours. There is a possibility of relocating to Warsaw, Poland and working at their HQ. This position is offered to worldwide candidates.
What will you do?
- Act as mentor, manager, leader and trainer for the AI programming team
- Work in a multidisciplined team, with other leads, to understand and establish the vision
- Give direction and feedback on AI features, create cost effective AI pipeline
- Code reviews
- Work on behaviours of non-player characters, enemies, players, bosses, RPG systems…
- Maintain and extend the existing AI framework and combat tools
- Research the latest in game AI to enhance characters and environments
- Test, optimize, profile, debug and document AI implementation
- Set standards for AI team
- Ensure all features are networked
What skills do you need?
- OO programming
- Solid math
- Understanding of AI techniques, applications in AAA games
- 2+ mobile, PC or console titles under your belt with strong AI
- 7+ years software engineering experience w 4 years’ as senior/lead AI programmer
- Write solid, efficient code
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar
- Excellent English
- Good work-life balance
- Remote working
- Profit share
To apply pls forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2635.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.