This well-established game studio is looking for a Senior Server Engineer. This role is offered fully remote or onsite in the SE of England. If you are interested in working remote pls note you need to work to UK working hours.
Skills and requirements:
- you will write code that will run on 100s of servers thousands of times a second helping our games run smoothly, you will have to work out how to deal with massive amounts of data efficiently, train machines to crunch data and generally play around with the latest and greatest in tech
- You love to write efficient code and tackle hard puzzles, you like working with a committed team
- A proven track record of writing high quality database and program code for servers with Python. We are considering different levels of experience (from several months to years)
- The ability to write quick scripts to accelerate manual tasks
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Couchbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Memcache,etc.) could be useful but it’s not mandatory
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux or equivalent development environments
- Experience in AWS and Golang
- Scripting languages e.g. Python
- Knowledge of C++
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of build and pipeline systems within game development and building and maintaining online services to scale
- To provide input into the design of the system and processes to enhance business performance
- Participate in the technical specification and design process
- To rectify software defects in a timely fashion as and when identified
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a bonus scheme in place
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and dental
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Free lunch
To apply to this position please send your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number 2269.
We are an equal opps recruitment agency, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR complaint.