RESEARCH ASSISTANTCONSUMER INSIGHTS TEAMBASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDONREPORTING TO THE CONSUMER INSIGHTS MANAGERA BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
- We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
SEGA is looking to recruit a new Research Assistant to join our growing Consumer Insights team. You will play a key role in the business, supporting the development of internal research capabilities, delivering research projects, and working with our suite of audience data tools to create regular and impactful reports.
You will collaborate with multiple functions, both internal and external, including; Sega Europe internal Studios & partners, Marketing, Data teams, Licensing, providing insight reports on audience profiles, performance tracking, social intelligence monitoring, competitor analysis & market trends. You will be finding the story within data and synthesising learnings in a way that is accurate and can be clearly communicated to and readily understood internal stakeholders.
You will also be integral to the continued development of Sega Europe’s in-house research capabilities by assisting with qualitative research for unreleased projects, working as part of a team conducting in-house focus groups, user interviews and playtests. You will work closely with the Research Manager to develop your understanding of a variety of methodologies.
This role would suit a graduate looking to take their first step into a working environment or an entry level candidate looking to move into the games industry.
- Take ownership of managing key audience tracking tools (GlobalWebIndex, Nielsen VGT, Synthesio)
- Update audience trend reports to keep the business and studios informed on gaming habits & attitudes, genres, platforms, franchises & game titles and player profiles
- Assist on quantitative studies including writing questionnaires, liaising with agencies, analysing data, reporting and presenting findings on both regular and ad-hoc projects for studios and internal teams
- Take ownership of participant recruitment and building relationships with agencies
- Assist with the moderation and conducting of focus groups and playtests
- Assist research supporting game development including concept testing, playtesting, pricing, incubation, UX & usability research
- Take an active role in preparation of company presentations for internal and external parties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCEEssential
- Degree in a related field (Management Sciences, Psychology, Social Sciences) or relevant workplace experience
- Knowledge of and a passion for video games / data & insights / User Experience & Accessibility
- A desire for on-the-job learning and personal development
- High level of proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident working with large sets of quantitative data
- Great communication skills and confidence delivering and presenting analysis and actionable insights to key internal stakeholders
- Highly competent planner and organiser – able to effectively manage and prioritise own tasks
- A proactive and empathetic approach to communication with an ability to build close relationships with both internal and external collaborators and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with research methodologies and terminology
- Experience with Data Analysis, Visualisation or Business Intelligence software (PowerBI, Talbeau etc.)
- Experience with video streaming and capture software such as OBS