Thanks to ReedPop’s very successful portfolio of digital and event brands within a dynamic pop culture demographic, we have a requirement for an ambitious Sales Account Executive to take on a role with huge potential within our commercial team and help deliver revenue growth for the company.
Working with the some of the biggest games publishers, ad agencies and media partners, this role will enable you to take full advantage of ReedPop’s leading position in the market to bring ambitious digital advertising, event experiences and sponsorship opportunities to our roster of clients, agencies and partners.
This will suit a forward-thinking, ambitious and fast-learning sales person, who is used to working in a client-facing role and is ready to step up into a sales position with huge potential looking to make a fresh impact on the pop culture and games market.
- Work as part of a team to contribute to our media advertising and events sales cycles with a diverse range of direct and agency clients, and media partners.
- Grow new and existing client relationships via telephone, email and face to face, in particular the desire to be able to present, pitch and build solid relationships with major advertising agencies and large gaming and entertainment customers.
- Be a sponge, absorbing and iterating new and progressive commercial and marketing concepts to deliver customer success.
- Achieve traction and grow our market penetration within emerging and indie developers or growing companies across our digital and events portfolio.
- Play a role in the full lifecycle of media advertising, from prospecting leads to pitching, tendering, and delivering media advertising, to reporting and campaign follow up.
- Become an autonomous Account Manager, with a high level of ownership and accountability, including continuous communication with management and media partners, as you grow in the role.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of succeeding in any client-facing, commercially-oriented media sales or account management role.
- Ability to sell online media advertising and/or events solutions to video games, entertainment and pop culture clients, agencies and media partners.
- Instinctive ability to support and grow relationships, especially in a commercial or sales context.
- Ability to present and pitch commercial ideas to all levels of seniority, both externally and internally.
- High degree of business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- A strong work ethic with a high degree of determination and drive.
- A positive attitude and a team mentality.
- Show passion and excitement about the videogames sector in general.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Good standard of education, ideally to Degree level, or equivalent.
- Any knowledge of the games industry or pop culture space, especially gaming, streaming, video, social media, influencers and sponsored content.
- An interest in the technology, entertainment and lifestyle sector in general.
As a global pop culture events and media business, ReedPop has an extensive stable of respected events, editorial websites and video channels. These range from mainstream digital brands such as Eurogamer, to more specialist sites dedicated to PC and board games, as well as wider pop culture. Our live events include New York Comic Con, the PAX events, EGX, MCM Comic Con, Star Wars Celebration, Star Trek Mission, C2E2, and over a dozen more.
Our success has come from creating authoritative, trusted content for global audiences, whether that be via written word or video across any of our digital sites and channels, or at live events where we create amazing experiences for our fans alongside opportunities for our exhibitors and sponsors to grow their businesses.
Working at ReedPop is a unique experience and an awesome opportunity, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in your passions while building a career that lets you work on the things you love. We are fully committed to embracing diverse talent and opinions, and creating an inclusive work environment for all our people.
Please visit www.reedpop.com to find out more.
If you can demonstrate that you have the experience and passion to take on the role described above, we’d love to hear from you, even if you don't tick every requirement.
We have a Brighton, UK, office location, and this role will be based there, or we can consider a hybrid basis from within the UK, with the need to be within reach of our office on a periodic basis.
Please consider uploading a cover letter along with your application, as we’d love to hear more about your interests and career ambitions, in addition to the traditional summary usually found in a CV.