We need a Senior Build Engineer to make sure we can deliver on a world-class build and release pipeline to help deliver on our vision for the project. Working as part of our Engineering team, a multidisciplinary group working across all things technology, you will play a pivotal role in making our teams be able quickly iterate on features and content, a cornerstone for shaping a world class gaming experience. You will be supported by passionate technologists who thrive on engineering excellence and pushing the boundaries of what is possible with new technologies and innovative solutions.
- Work closely with project lead engineers to design and maintain appropriate build, release and automated testing pipelines.
- Build, develop and maintain current continuous integration pipelines.
- Ensure that the build, package and publishing process is as frictionless as possible for all our teams.
- Continue to develop your engineering skills.
- Drive project-wide impact through high-quality software ownership and delivery.
- Working with and developing software using cutting-edge engine technology (Unreal Engine 5).
- Create custom tooling and solutions for improving building the game as well as extend unreal automation tool functionality as needed.
- Being organized, a good team player and heavily service minded.
- Collaborate effectively within a AAA game development team.
- Proven track record as a Build/Release Engineer or similar and strong understanding of Continuous Integration.
- Previous experience working with build systems for modern AAA games engines is an advantage.
- Several years of coding experience (preferably C# or Python).
- Strong knowledge of a source control system (e.g., Perforce, Git).
- Several years of experience with CI/CD frameworks preferably Jenkins.
- Passionate about improving build pipelines and reducing developer friction.
- An effective communicator who loves to work independently and in collaboration with other teams.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible.
- Experience using Unreal Engine.
- Interest in or experience with solutions for monitoring.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA-quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights.
Currently, we are working on two major projects: Exoborne – a Sharkmob original game created in Malmö, is a tactical, open-world extraction shooter set in a United States torn apart by apocalyptic forces of nature. The second project, developed in London, is another Sharkmob original IP yet to be announced. Our first game, Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe, was released on 27 April 2022.
At Sharkmob, we are committed to building an inclusive team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets – because we believe that helps us create great games. We welcome all candidates who are aligned with our core values of shared ownership, smart decisions, and, last but not least – having fun! We hope you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, visit our homepage.