A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Analytics, Data Science and Engineering (ADSE) is the heart of player, product, and business insights on our games. The is one of the most critical roles we have as it acts as both a part of the game development team and as a center of growth for our Studio in unlocking insights about our players and our business. The person in this role is most successful when they can merge technical, game design & analytical skill to provide insights and actionable results. The Senior Business Analyst will deliver forecasts and actionable insights to significantly impact our games and studio's direction. Key Duties Include:
- Proactively provide business analytics insights to inform studio & game strategy
- Leverage an array of forecasting modelling approaches to deliver actionable insight in the direction of the studio's games
- Work closely with product analysts to size and integrate the latest game roadmap impacts into the forecasts
- Present actionable business insights to game & studio leadership and competently field questions
- Demonstrated pragmatism in weighing full statistical depth vs the practical need
- Create engaging automated reports and dashboards to share insights across the studio
- Mentor less experienced members of the team on forecasting and model building
- Grow relationships across the studio to promote data-driven partnerships
- Partner with data engineering to manage data requirements such as schemas to support high-quality data & deliverables
- Conduct analysis while adhering to version control, documentation, and reproducibility
- Play the games and learn them inside out to deliver insight most effectively
- Bachelor's degree or proven commercial experience in a quantitative discipline such as Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced skill in SQL and a statistics language (e.g. Python or R)
- Leadership skills and a solid work ethic
- Fluency in statistics and datasets
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with quantitative techniques, including time series analysis & projection, causal and econometric models
- Superior attention to detail, natural curiosity, and ability to problem-solve creatively
- Previous experience in the games industry
- Familiarity with statistical IDEs like Jupyter Notebook or PyCharm
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.