One Player Missions Client are looking for a Senior Character Artist at a small independent studio, you’ll have a wide range of responsibilities to execute the vision for the games we make. They are a mid-sized independent video game studio of around 120 developers in Toronto and love creating innovative experiences that focus on challenge and fun.
- See characters through from conception to completion.
- Produce high-quality 3D characters, weapons, and customization assets for AAA titles.
- Work closely with the Production, Environment, Animation, and other artists to bring the concepts to life.
- Participate in ideation and pitching process.
- Work with the team to help drive the desired level of aesthetic quality and technical targets.
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Director and Leads into the work.
- Collaborate with other artists to help define best practices and workflows.
- Share input towards problem-solving and creative challenges in ways that leverage personal xp.
- Provide mentorship to more junior artists.
- An exceptional portfolio of work that exemplifies the creation of high-quality character art
- 6+ years of professional game development experience.
- Expert knowledge of game character development processes, from sculpting to retopology, baking, UVs, texturing, etc.
- Basic understanding of rigging and skinning for animation.
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to provide an in-depth critique with visual observation skills.
- Strong awareness and execution of human anatomy.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Personally motivated, constructive energy.
- Influential to the team.
- Willingness to relocate to Ontario if not already in the province.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with Maya and Substance Painter.
- Familiarity working with version control (we use Perforce) and task-management software (we use Jira).
- Concept Art skills.
- Background in traditional art.
- Passion for melee combat.
Benefits & Perks
- 6.5 weeks Paid vacation
- Game Launch Bonus Structure
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule and work location
- Healthcare & benefits
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214428