OPMs client is a best-in-class cross-platform game developer based in Leamington Spa, UK. Since their founding as a small indie studio, their headcount has grown into a team full of talented, experienced people supported by a veteran management team.
As well as working on their own IP, they also offer co-development services to a growing list of clients.
- Extensive experience creating characters for games as a senior or lead artist,
- Been through the full development cycle of at least 2 games,
- Be an exceptionally talented Character Artist with a keen artistic eye and a good understanding of the technical requirements of the character art pipeline,
- Strong demo reel/portfolio showing game-ready assets,
- Experience of working with the other disciplines, advising on best practices and pitfalls where appropriate,
- Technically skilled across all areas of character production and be up to date with modern processes,
- Self-motivation, proactivity, and the desire to work within a collaborative team environment,
- The ability to implement and troubleshoot your own work in game engines,
- Experience in UE4 or unity is desirable,
- An in depth understanding of the game development process.
- Craft high poly character models across multiple genres and art style,
- Use your experience to collaborate with the Art Director, Tech Artists and Concept team to mitigate against design problems before modelling commences,
- Transfer your high poly models into low poly models that adhere to required guidelines,
- Have a deep knowledge of creating efficient meshes that are good for performance, rigging and animation, working closely with the animation lead,
- Create well laid out, high-quality textures suitable for both traditional and PBR pipelines,
- Be able to direct tech art on shader requirements and other technical processes related to characters,
- Keep up to date with modern processes and tools in the character art pipeline,
- Assist expansion of the character art team through portfolio appraisals and interviewing candidates,
- Mentor character artists and share your personal experience to drive the character production process to your vision,
- Create or direct others to create documentation for techniques and pipelines in the character production process and knowledge sharing with other teams and junior artists.
- In tandem with production create a backlog of tasks, schedule your own and the teams time to meet the project deadlines,
- Actively seek out feedback,
- Set the benchmark for character art at the studio.
- Defined Annual Bonus Scheme
- ULEV car scheme
- Monthly allowance to spend on enhancing benefits
- Salary Sacrifice Pension
- Flexible Working
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!