This AAA studio based in the Midlands, UK is looking for a Combat Designer to join their talented and successful team. You will be working on great fighting scenes and be inspired to create and make each attack feel right. Your focus will be attaining the right balance between damage, animation, visual and sound effects and player perspective. This role requires not only an ability to think about and discuss the resultant player experiences designs provide, but also a strong understanding of the design theory and technical implementation that it leads to.
What will you be doing?
• Taking ownership of the design and implementation of combat features and encounters
• Creating design documentation
Who you are?
• Full development cycle experience in a design role at a AAA studio on at least 1 published console title
• Able to be part of a team
• Previous experience with the design of combat experiences
• Problem-solving skills• Interpersonal and written communication skills
• Passionate about games and the game industry
• 5+ years in the games industry in a design role
This studio offers a competitive salary, private healthcare, a bonus scheme and free breakfast.
Do you think this role is for you?
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 1985
We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency and value diversity. We do not discriminate.We are a GDPR compliant company.