"To apply: Ref - 5283700. A fantastic London based AAA studio is looking for a talented Senior Concept Artist to join their project team.
Working closely alongside both the Art Directors and Lead Artists, you will bring creative passion, vision, and inspiration to help drive the quality of our current and upcoming titles.
- Collaborate closely with the project's developers, create inspiring designs ranging from realistic to sci-fi. From initial speed sketches, through to product-defining visuals – developing imaginative visual solutions for the various aesthetic, technical, design & narrative considerations in a timely fashion.
- You will help lead, mentor & develop the skills of junior members of the concept team.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Having shipped multiple titles, you are well embedded within the video games industry, with a thorough understanding of the games development pipeline.
- You have experience in design & illustration and a strong understanding of Art fundamentals such as colour theory, composition, shape language, lighting, form + function, perspective, and a burning passion for excellence & the video games medium.
- You are fluent in Photoshop & possess a strong capacity to learn new tools.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of industrial, sci-fi and mechanical design principles and their application to fictional characters, vehicles, machines, weapons etc
- Good understanding of how to construct credible and realistic mechanical designs
- The ability to match and define a variety of art styles with minimal supervision from management staff
- Strong anatomical knowledge Character design; unique and interesting characters in a range of styles
- Architectural knowledge – strong understanding of the layout, proportions & construction of a range of building types, both realistic and imaginary.
- Experienced in 3D packages
- Strong traditional artistic skills
To apply please send CV to Ayesha@ or phone 020 7580 6018 for a confidential chat (ideally over your cv / resume). We value close, personal relationships with our candidates and applications by this method tend to be more successful.