Our client is seeking a highly talented Concept Artist who will report to the project Art Director, or Lead, and help them realize their creative vision by illustrating and communicating an inspiring visual direction for other artists.
The successful candidate will join a team of passionate creative professionals who love to learn and push their craft and imagination to new heights.
- Solid experience as a Concept Artist in the video games or film industry.
- An artistic eye and broad knowledge of visual media and various techniques.
- A comprehensive knowledge of composition, perspective, colour theory, anatomy, real-world materials, and lighting.
- Intermediate knowledge regarding typography and graphic design.
- Experience with at least one 3D software package to use 3D as a foundation for paint work and pre-viz.
- A basic understanding of game engines.
- Help establish and convey the Art Director's vision through a wide array of concept art – from sketches to paintings, storyboards, mood boards and paint-overs to support art, design, gameplay, and storytelling.
- Create narratively rich and inspiring environments and characters.
- Create style guides for outsourcing briefs and support our vendors with base material for them to work from.
- Seek feedback on your work and give feedback to other artists in your team.
- Contribute to a collaborative, service minded and learning culture.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!