Sharkmob is looking for a Senior Game Designer to join us at our studio in Malmö, Sweden. You will work together with a multidisciplinary team to design, implement, and iterate on progression and monetization systems for our upcoming unannounced AAA open-world action game. Come explore new territory in the realm of online gaming!
Collaboration for us is crucial. Working in cross-discipline teams allows us to bring together our expertise and create the best experiences for our players. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; responsible people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
At Sharkmob, we value teamwork, trust, motivation, and setting colleagues up for success, all of which are key to making great games and creating a healthy work environment. We strive to empower developers, and there will be plenty of opportunities to make your mark and impact the game and how we work.
The games we are making, and the level of ambition we have, require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people and we would love for you to be one of them!
- Designing and developing progression and economy-related features of a live game.
- Taking a player-first approach to progression and monetization, making sure that players are appropriately rewarded for the time, effort, and money they put into the game.
- Designing and balancing quantitative systems that provide an excellent experience for our players while remaining sustainable.
- Maintaining and improving live systems, such as the in-game store and events.
- Designing and using telemetry to make sure that the features you work on achieve the intended results.
- Keeping an eye on trends and industry best practices within progression and engagement design to inform your work.
- Proven experience working with systems design on a live game.
- Experience working with telemetry data.
- A passion for translating numbers into great player experiences – and back again.
- Understanding of player psychology, motivational models, and how they relate to game design.
- Proficiency with tools for modelling and balancing quantitative design, such as Excel.
- Good writing, and visual communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA-quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights.
Currently, we are working on two major projects: Exoborne – a Sharkmob original game created in Malmö, is a tactical, open-world extraction shooter set in a United States torn apart by apocalyptic forces of nature. The second project, developed in London, is another Sharkmob original IP yet to be announced. Our first game, Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe, was released on 27 April 2022.
At Sharkmob, we are committed to building an inclusive team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets – because we believe that helps us create great games. We welcome all candidates who are aligned with our core values of shared ownership, smart decisions, and, last but not least – having fun! We hope you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, visit our homepage.