Project: Console/PC Multiplayer Games
OPM’s client is all about crafting the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. They are growing the studio for exciting new projects on PC and console and are looking for a talented and passionate Engine Programmers to help create them.
The successful candidate will work with an interdisciplinary agile team of animators, designers, and programmers to deliver features on-time and to a high level of quality.
- Solid professional experience and knowledge of C++.
- Solid computer science and maths background.
- Professional experience in systems development for a shipped console title, such as rendering, low-level networking, memory management, content pipelines etc.
- Professional experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, GPU, memory, and bandwidth usage.
- Ability to work effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Strong analytical mindset to resolve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving team.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, and portable code.
- Ability to debug complex systems.
- Skilled at communicating ideas and constraints to both technical and non-technical staff.
- You will work within cross-functional teams to deliver features on-time and to a high level of quality.
- You will be part of a team that is responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining core engine features that encompass rendering, networking, and low-level systems programming.
- You will have a continuous focus on scalability, performance, and memory usage, by using your expertise in data structures and algorithms for modern, multi-core architectures to technology for PC and Consoles.
- You will work in close collaboration with other disciplines to gather requirements and cooperatively develop solutions.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine 4 development.
- Professional experience developing Games-as-a-Service.
- Professional experience with automated testing techniques.
- Private Medical and Dental Cover
- Onsite counselling and an employee assistant program.
- Fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave.
- Flexitime and life assurance.
- Referral bonuses and 1% of the studio’s revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
- Total of 36 days off.
- Enhanced company pension contributions.
- Cycle to work, car leasing schemes, a free car park and more.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214422!