Job Purpose: As a Senior IT Engineer, you will play a key role working closely with Product and IT Management. You will be part of a team responsible for Design, Maintenance, Support and Advance of the Jagex Corporate IT Infrastructure, as well as providing support for development tools and dealing with support requests. As a senior member of the IT team, you will also be expected to set an example for other members of the IT team and take an active role in their development by coaching and mentoring them. Your aim is to increase employee efficiency by providing effective tools and services by implementing highly available and secure systems. You will engage with IT Management and business stakeholders in the development and implementation of new business initiatives and projects by receiving business problems and requests and translating these into solutions. Your goal is not only to support and resolve the corporate IT System, but also to enable other IT engineers and technicians to resolve similarly complicated issues and requests effectively; by coaching, mentoring, and driving improvement and adoption of all IT support and troubleshooting procedures. As part of your role will also have the responsibility for creating, defining, and maintaining the standards from which Corporate IT Services are built upon and adhered to by the other IT teams.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Own the delivery of IT projects from initiation and discovery through to design and delivery.
- Strong skills in technical documentation and communication for maintaining and updating the logical, technical design and procedures for the infrastructure including networks, physical and virtual systems.
- Maintain, support, and advance all physical, virtual and cloud Corporate IT Infrastructure and supported Tooling.
- Take ownership of issues or requests including escalations, liaising with other IT/non-IT support teams across Jagex, or third-party support/equipment vendors, where appropriate.
- Recommend and implementing corrective solutions whilst communicating best practice concerning the use of IT systems to the business.
- Identifying and taking ownership of incidents, including complex incidents that are beyond conventional troubleshooting processes, this includes diagnose, resolve, and mitigate any problems and incidents affecting the infrastructure or availability of Corporate IT services.
- Maintain, monitor, and test System Backups / Restores.
- Provide out of hours (on-call) support for key Corporate IT infrastructure and services.
- Plan, design, implement, document and communicate changes to current infrastructure and services or the deployment of new technologies, systems, applications, or services.
- Provide technical expertise and mentoring to Junior IT members and support staff, by sharing technical knowledge and coaching.
- By taking ownership of customer requests, escalations, issues, and complaints. Thus ensuring that customers are kept informed of the progress of their issues or requests, as well as the resolution by always managing expectations.
- Proven experience within an enterprise environment in a similar role.
- A customer service focus, with an excellent ability to handle customers effectively.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening, questioning & team working skills
- Ability to present ideas & troubleshooting procedures in business-friendly & user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical & problem-solving abilities, combined with excellent attention to detail.
- Have excellent organisational & prioritisation skills, ability to complete multiple projects in a timely manner & can work efficiently under pressure.
- The candidate is expected to be proficient and experienced to a very high standard in the design, implementation, configuration, and on-going support of the following technical disciplines:
- Cloud Architecture – Azure / Office 365 / Azure AD
- Virtualisation Infrastructure - VMWare vSphere, Storage Environments
- Network Architecture – LANs, WANs, vLANs and VPNs
- Next-gen Firewalls, preferably Palo Alto
- System Monitoring - PRTG, SCOM, ZABBIX
- Microsoft Server -Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy
- Identity Management – SSO
- Patch and release management for all OSs and Applications.
- A basic understanding of a common scripting language (PowerShell, Bash, etc.), and the confidence to troubleshoot and adapt scripts to new requirements. any experience of automation tools a plus (Terraform, puppet
- In addition to the above it is expected the candidate to have a good working knowledge and be able to support and troubleshoot the following areas;
- Security Architecture – PAM, EDR, SSO MFA, Email Security Gateway, AV, and DLP
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Linux OS Management, troubleshooting.
- Endpoint Management - Microsoft EMS (Intune) / Jamf
- Cloud Document Management solutions (SharePoint, Box)
- Agile Methodologies, experience working in Kanban, or as part of a cross-functional team.
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.