This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Lead Concept Artist to join their concept artist team in Lisbon.
As a Lead Concept Artist, you will work closely with the Art Director and Art Leads to build and maintain qualitative goals and artistic consistency for concept art, setting high visual standards, and defining project style and tone.
In this role you are a well-rounded team ambassador: a master communicator, collaboration encourager and above all, a skilled artist. You fully understand the concept art creation process, along with style guides and creative briefs.
You are able to step in to coach your team, find solutions to setbacks, and deliver feedback with confidence.
- Work closely with the project Art Director to develop a style and provide consistent quality across all areas for the project
- Collaborate with other Art Leads and Producers to coordinate Concept Art resources, establishing schedules and priorities
- Review completed work, ensuring its aligned with the artistic direction and 3D requirements
- Lead, mentor and motivate concept artists as they develop and polish their work throughout the art pipeline
- Produce high-quality concept art, with the ability to deliver consistent quality across all areas of environments, lighting, characters, vehicles, props and more
- Carry out key department responsibilities that include hiring, training, appraising performance and resolving issues
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the latest next-gen industry standards
- Extensive commercial production experience in a Concept Art role (leadership an asset)
- Mastery of 2D art fundamentals: anatomy, composition, lighting, materials, colour use etc
- Expert-level proficiency with Photoshop, Z-Brush, Maya and/or other 2D & 3D software packages
- Excellent English communication, organization, mentorship, time management and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor/Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Prior Leadership Experience
- Experience working with outsourcing partners & freelancers across different locations
- Knowledge of production management (e.g. Jira)
- Keen interest in playing games and game development beyond art