This world-leading independent virtual reality game studio is looking for an experienced Senior Level Designer. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a unique and innovative studio based in Amsterdam.
What you will be doing:
- Be responsible for creating spatial designs, considering movement through space, guiding player’s attention and staging game/narrative events
- Use blueprints or similar visual scripting tools to design and implement the level’s gameplay and narrative design
- Facilitate constant communication between team members, ensuring they understand their goals and the bigger picture
- Creating and maintaining clear level documentation
- Manage, mentor and coach junior members of the Level Design team
- Work across multi-disciplines to create and maintain fun, memorable, and visually appealing levels
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in a Level Designer role or similar
- At least 2+ full development cycles of experience on major PC/Console title in a Level Design role
- Strong working knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Able to independently implement level blueprints (or other scripting language)
- Up to date with the latest game industry trends and contemporary development practices
- Experienced in Agile development methodologies
- Great time management and organisational skills
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary with a healthy work-life balance
- Great benefits offered
- Flexible working hours
- Access to the latest VR hardware and titles
- Friendly and supportive work environment
Please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference 2500.
Big Planet is an equal opps company, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.