"To apply: Ref - 5244800. In this role, you will report to the Design Director and work closely with a tight-knit team to push the level design experience in our project to the next level. The successful candidate will be a team player who is comfortable working independently with their own area of responsibility. This studio values team performance over individual performance, an "open door policy," delivering on promises, constructive feedback, ownership and accountability, and learning from mistakes.
- Assist in creating and maintaining level design documentation (walkthroughs, mission documents, layout diagrams, etc).
- Interpret and implement the desired gameplay and narrative ambitions in the levels.
- Control the accessibility, understanding, and difficulty of the level.
- Work with all disciplines to ensure that ongoing level design supports the product's design, art, technical requirements, and narrative.
- Prototype the environment, establish the layouts, and use interactive and non-interactive means with a focus on pacing, narrative integration, and flow.
- Monitor level construction metrics and ensure they are communicated and respected from initial blockout phase through to the final build.
- Attend playtests, seek and provide feedback, and be solution-oriented to problems encountered.
- Experience from at least one full production cycle in a Senior role capacity.
- Fluent in basic software such as word processing, spreadsheets, flowchart makers, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of level editing tools and scripting languages.
- Capable of presenting design ideas and solutions to a live audience.
- Able to write clear, concise documentation in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible, with the possibility of hybrid work solutions.
- Possibility to support relocation and/or application for a work permit if needed.
Please get in touch with - firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please email Natalie@ or phone 020 7580 6018 for a confidential chat (ideally over your cv / resume). We value close, personal relationships with our candidates and applications by this method tend to be more successful.
Please click for more Games Jobs"