Our client, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the the largest group of developers in the world.
As their Amsterdam studio kicks off development of its most ambitious project to date, a PSVR 2 action shooter based on a global franchise, they are looking to add a team member who has a great affinity with the player experience and can collaborate across discipline to craft gameplay that showcases the game’s mechanics, characters and setting to make memories that stay with the player.
Ideally you have experience of designing for immersive entertainment and can demonstrate an understanding of the challenges of directing the player attention to the right place at the right time.
Are you seeking a role that offers fantastic opportunity for creative expression and collaboration? Then please apply!
- Creates spatial designs that consider movement through a space, guiding the player’s attention and staging game and narrative events
- Models simple 3d meshes for blocking out environments
- Designs and implement the level’s game play and narrative events using blueprints or similar visual scripting tools
- Implements the placement of game entities e.g.: characters, enemies cover, pickups etc and balances the level’s difficultly
- Collects and analyses play test data and uses it validate the level design or improve the player experience
- Collaborates closely with art throughout the level creation process from paper design, through block out and rapid iteration to polish
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 full development cycles of experience on a major PC/Console title in a level design role on an action-adventure title
- Can independently implement level blueprints (or other scripting language)
- Highly organised with good time management and planning skills
- Creatively minded and passionate about design as a discipline
- Demonstrable knowledge of games industry trends and contemporary development practices
- Experienced in Agile development and working in cross disciplinary teams
- Strong knowledge of working with the Unreal Engine
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of designing for VR
- Dialogue or creative writing experience
- Game mechanics design experience at feature level for at least 1 console/PC action-adventure title
- You possess an affinity for environment art and/or good drawing skills
- Creatively minded and knowledgeable about design as a broad discipline
- You have excellent communication skills, especially in terms of presenting level designs to a cross disciplinary group
- A self-motivator, resilient and resourceful
- You are eligible to work in the EU