Our client is seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Senior Engineer – Online to join their highly-spirited team. You would be working on the online features of an F2P multiplayer shooter. They are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions. Most importantly however, people with vast knowledge and experience in online games who are passionate, and value professionalism.Their games require a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. It takes lots of different people from all backgrounds and they would love for you to be one of them!
- Document technical designs instructions, specifications, and other relevant documents.
- Aiding the smooth running of live services through developing new tools plus manageable and expandable concepts.
- Blend platform services like Steam, EGS, PSN and Xbox Live seamlessly with SKDs.
- Insist on the highest standards from our data ecosystem from UE4 communicating to Playfab and Azure infrastructure along with creating functional and engaging features both on client and backend that will delight users.
- Be a key member of a high performing software engineering team while collaborating with design, engineering and production teams.
- Devise optimal engineering support for an all around-the-clock game, surveying incidents and dealing with on-call schedules.
- Providing training to junior and regular engineers while managing specialized interviews and the online infrastructure.
- Extensive experience of over 6+ years on PC, live games, mobile platforms. Console platform experience is also gladly admitted.
- Expertise in executing online services, which involve matchmaking and analytics, In-app purchases, authentication, Meta and progression.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, C#, or similar language with relevant professional experience.
- Involved in working as a backend in a serverless architecture either in-house or BaaS.
- Game programming experience collaborating with designers on game features and design, implementation, and iterations such as UI and gameplay.
- VPCs, SQL/NoSQL databases, and messaging/queue systems and knowledge of cloud infrastructure on any of the major providers (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud.
- Multi-platform console development experience.
- A can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills; you love collaborating with others to architect and implement systems.
Any previous knowledge or experience in:
- Playfab, Azure functions or SignalR, Redis.
- UE4 and its’ build system, inclusive of UMG, Blueprints.
- CI/CD (Jenkins, TeamCity or similar).
- UE4 replication and client prediction.
- Testing automation frameworks.
- Multiplayer games and dedicated servers.
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
- Relocation support and benefits
- Occupational pension scheme
- Flexible Working hours
- Fresh Fruit & Vegetables every day
- Hot & Cold drinks of your choice
- In-house massage, Fitness Club membership
- Monthly company events
- public transportation
- Games/Books Library
- Personal Talent Development Manager
- Regular in-house social events
- Summer and Christmas Party
- Beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
To apply please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2471.
Big Planet is an equal opps recruitment agency and GDPR compliant.