The role will require working closely with the Central Brand Team in order to represent and promote the Studio’s IPs with the SEGA assigned EMEA distributers and 1st Party Platform owners, while taking responsibility for planning, delivery and execution of clear marketing campaigns for all products under their jurisdiction.
The role will work closely with other internal commercial departments including PR, Creative Services, Web Team, Digital Business Team, and Sales to ensure pre-set objectives are achieved across the EMEA region.
- Planning and execution of EMEA ATL marketing campaigns for assigned products in conjunction with the respective brand teams within the Pillar (Studio), PR, EMEA Sales and Distribution Channel Marketing teams.
- Be an ambassador for products across the EMEA territory – be the point of contact within SEGA commercial publishing for assigned products and lead on product update meetings.
- Budgetary objectives – manage product budgets effectively, ensuring all spend is signed off, agreed and within budget, while maximising delivery and impact on all titles.
- Work closely with the Brand & Creative Services teams on asset production and delivery to ensure timely and accurate marketing materials are in place.
- Develop working knowledge of assigned EMEA marketplaces, retail landscape, consumer profile, marketing activity and pricing economics.
- Work closely with external media and marketing agencies to represent the franchises and the studios in internal and external meetings.
- Work closely with the SEGA Digital Business team to ensure that digital retail needs, for PC and Console, are well catered for and those relationships remain profitable and optimised.
- Ensure expert knowledge across key franchise titles and associated genres (including BP forecasting, key selling features, milestone delivery dates, demo ability, market and genre status and history, and any territory specifics and competitor titles).
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with all inter-company SEGA teams to ensure fully aligned execution of marketing strategies.
- Assist the EMEA Sales team to manage forecasts, sell in, sell out and inventory for each SKU to minimise exposure and maximise sell through.
- Work closely with the studio and internal PR Teams to ensure that the PR plan supports the marketing plan.
- Post launch sales review and re-promotion strategies to ensure products reach or exceed targets – manage lifecycle of products during planning process.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Marketing or business degree or Product marketing experience in a global organisation ideally within the games industry or related entertainment industry.
- Must be detail oriented, possess good time management skills and be able to prioritize in a changing environment.
- Demonstrable record of delivering marketing elements to a quality level, by planned dates and within agreed budgets.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Strong appreciation of publishing and broad, in-depth and up-to-date product knowledge of the mainstream games industry is preferable.
- Previous experience working within GaaS/live games model preferable.
- Excellent presentation skills, to all sizes of audience.
- Able to build and maintain strong professional and informal relationships within organisations and externally with members of the public.
- Knowledge and understanding of current media trends, both within the specialist gaming environment and wider.
- Strong level of creativity across marketing plans and elements.
- Pro-activeness to think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out and the motivation to complete these on own initiative.
- Flexibility to react quickly, reschedule and prioritise workload.