OPM are working with an exciting VR studio in the heart of Amsterdam to find a talented Mid/Senior Game Programmer who is passionate about creating groundbreaking, state of the art VR and AR games and entertainment.
SENIOR RENDERING UNREAL PROGRAMMER
Are you looking to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to implement engaging game features and systems for our ground-breaking VR games and experiences?
Are you a comfortable cooperating closely with our creative team to deliver the very best?
Do you know how to dive into a large codebase to track down that tiny detail that has caused a big issue, to the delight of your fellow team members?
Is C++ your main programming language, because the full control of it really gets you excited and are you equally passionate about the triple AAA potential of the Unreal Engine?
Do you know how to dive into a large codebase to track down that tiny part of code that is causing performance issues, were you won’t stop until it has been found, to the delight of your fellow team members?
- To stand at the core of larger engine changes and expansions, working closely together with the tech lead to make it fit the complete codebase, working closely together with the artists to identify the visual requirements and working closely together with our core tech team so all our projects can benefit from sharable technology
· Use your knowledge of C++, object orientation, design patterns, algorithms and data structures to create solid technical designs and efficient implementations of these engine systems and adjustments
· Adapt and expand upon our studio pipeline and coding standards to create spectacular and immersive games and experiences
· Use your knowledge of rendering, shaders and math to create new graphical features that enable our art team to create the highest visual standard for VR
· Constantly take performance into account so our games and experiences can keep running at a smooth 72+ FPS, even when rendering to both eyes and using the latest and greatest mobile hardware to do so
· Analyze problems and debug them in order to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
- Guide and mentor less experienced programmers so they can quickly improve within the studio
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have clear experience working on the low level side of game engines (preferably Unreal 4) to create special features or functionality that can be used in games, or you have clear experience setting up your own engine, including a rendering pipeline, and at a good optimization level.
· You have written a number of engine adjustments or engine parts in C++ and have a great understanding of all the basic concepts of the language like the object-oriented approach, pointers and references, containers, inheritance, polymorphism, functions, structures, visibility, etc…
· You also have good understanding of some of the more advanced concepts like smart pointer types, templates, multiple inheritance, overloading, etc…
· You have experience with Unreal 4
- It is a clear bonus if you have already worked in VR
WHATS ON OFFER:
- A great work-life balance with a zero-crunch policy
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues
- A great company to learn and share knowledge
- Benefits according to experience and job
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam