A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
We are looking for a Senior SDET to join the RuneScape team, working on the operation and on-going enhancement of the RuneScape & Old School RuneScape test frameworks and associated systems, developing operational processes, maintaining, and enhancing existing test systems and services, ensuring we continue to effectively support the live service and provide value to our players/customers. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with ambition and initiative to join a world-renowned online games company, to work on a unique and large-scale project and face some of the most complex and interesting challenges in online gaming.Key Duties Include:
- Design, build, and evolve mobile app automation frameworks, integration test frameworks, and internal tools for Jagex games. Architect and write code to improve the quality of the automation toolchain.
- Incorporate text recognition, image recognition, and other new technologies to improve capabilities/usability of existing tools and frameworks.
- Standardize reporting of key performance metrics to assess impact/value.
- Work with other disciplines to understand customer requirements and update the team roadmap to reflect priorities.
- Mentor QA Engineers to effectively use the frameworks in writing test cases for games.
- Collaborate with the game teams on the adoption and support of automation frameworks as part of their development/release pipeline.
- Participate in design/code reviews, measure code coverage, assess overall system quality, and ensure the efficiency of automated test frameworks.
- Follow engineering best practices to ensure code quality, performance, and reliability.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of testing: Acceptance, Integration, Unit Tests, Non-Functional Testing (Performance, Load, Stress) is a plus.
- 3+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Proven ability to implement solutions in Java, C#, C/C++ or other 4G language.
- Demonstrable background in Test (methods and tools like JUnit, CppUnit, BDD, Cucumber, Appium, Selenium, etc)
- Applied knowledge of Python, Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, or other scripting language.
- Applied knowledge of working within a CI environment: Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.
- Knowledge & experience testing Mobile Applications and Video Game Consoles is an advantage.
- Self-starter, able to take high level direction and work independently with minimal instruction
- Strong knowledge of software and infrastructure security best practices
- Good oral and written communication and reporting skills
- Experience working on a variety of game systems and integrations into 3rd party technologies.
- Knowledge & experience testing Restful Web-Services
- Experience using one or more of RunDeck, git, Atlassian tools.
- Experience of working on networked and MMO games, and/or client server applications.
- ISTQB Foundation, ISEB Basics levels or similar is an advantage
- Relevant qualification at degree level or equivalent experience
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.