Senior Sound Designer - UK based
Formosa Interactive is looking for a skilled and passionate Senior Sound Designer to join our expanding UK team. This is a fulltime position with flexible remote working available. The ideal candidate will have experienced skills designing across multiple genres and considerable experience of the game audio development process. This person will be part of global audio team, will be working with several sound supervisors and will be at home working in a collaborative environment while being able to receive and incorporate feedback into their design work. The candidate will be an experienced sound designer that is comfortable mentoring junior members of the team and share skills and processes with the wider team. We take pride in delivering the best audio content to our clients while also maintaining a fun work environment.
- Possess an exceptional sound design talent with proven experience taking concepts through to completion, using both commercial and proprietary audio implementation tools for multiple platforms and workstations
- Highly experienced creating all types of game audio from SFX, dialogue, Foley and Music
- Highly experienced with linear sound design
- Ability to take direction, work cooperatively and lead by example
- Highly experienced with field and studio recording sessions
- Experience designing and conforming sound-to-picture
- Must be a video game player and be able to talk about and deconstruct other current games’ audio quality and implementation
- A passion for field recording and audio source creation
- Experience and expertise within Avid Pro Tools is required
- Game audio credits on at least 8 years professional audio experience or 5 AAA, shipped titles
- Highly experienced user of Audiokinetic Wwise, FMod Studio and UE4
- BA, Technical School Degree, or equivalent work experience in Sound Design or Recording Arts
A demo reel is required for this application. It should be a 3-5 minute video file with footage from games on which you’ve worked. The demo should include a diverse selection of footage, including various types of work. Please add a cue sheet or superimposed text explaining your contributions to the footage.
Formosa Interactive UK is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.