"To apply: Ref - 5257700. Based in Guildford, An exciting games studio is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Technical Animator to assist in the creation of the next big free-to-play title, an online battle royale mecha!
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
What will you do?
- Create high-quality rigs for characters, creatures, vehicles, and props
- Create and maintain animation blueprints
- Collaborate with artists to ensure models satisfy technical requirements for rigging
- Work closely with animators to develop efficient and user-friendly animation rigs
- Create and maintain tools to support the asset creation process
- Help design, construct, document and implement pipeline procedures
- Prototype new techniques and processes
- Help support off-site development partners
What are we looking for?
- Proven technical animation experience in the gaming industry with a focus on rigging
- High level of knowledge of rigging, techniques and responsibilities
- Ability to work simultaneously across a variety of software packages
- Exceptional knowledge of Maya
- Significant Unreal 4 development experience, including using cloth and physics systems
- Experience making tools and supporting processes to aid the asset pipeline.
- Python scripting experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills
- A great understanding of human and creature anatomy
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Diligent self-management around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets
- Strong organizational skills with adherence to optimization and asset management
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- BA in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Samples of your work displaying unique rigging techniques
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends
To apply please send CV to Ayesha@ or phone 020 7580 6018 for a confidential chat (ideally over your cv / resume). We value close, personal relationships with our candidates and applications by this method tend to be more successful.