This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM’s client are currently seeking a talented and experienced Senior Technical Artist with a focus on Houdini and proceduralism. Working alongside the Art, Design, and other programming teams, you will be involved in the content creation for their upcoming AAA Games.
· Create tools, assets, and pipelines in Houdini that integrate well with Unreal Engine for the next generation game platforms.
· Work daily with production, art and design teams to design, create, and implement production ready world building solutions within Houdini for export to Unreal Engine .
· Work with design and art to find areas for improvement and help prototype or implement solutions.
· Explore novel ways to populate and annotate game levels, allowing artists and designers to have a wider positive impact on the look and design without sacrificing creative control over their craft.
· Create new or modify existing world building methods to help speed up the iteration times of the Design and Art teams.
· Work to improve the tools artists use outside of the game engine, such as Substance Designer/Painter, 3ds Max, Maya, ZBrush, etc.
· Assist programmers and designers in researching and developing new game features.
· Help standardize the workflow and pipelines for asset creation.
· Drive and maintain performance goals and optimizations in tool development.
· Proven experience developing tools and assets in Houdini for the game industry with one shipped title.
· Strong experience developing stable and useful tools for asset development support, with two shipped titles ideally.
· Thorough knowledge of Houdini asset and SOP-based tool development (including VEX and Python) for games, and Houdini Engine.
· Strong understanding of the performance implications of open world development on consoles and PCs.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively balance the needs of game design, art and programming.
· A web portfolio that demonstrates usable game development and Houdini tools.
· Samples, demonstrations, or documentation of tools pipelines developed to overcome development challenges.
DESIRED SKILLS (Good to have):
· Be able to work comfortably with common scripting languages (MAXScript, MEL script, Python, etc.)
· Experience with shading language (HLSL/CG/etc.)
· Experience using 3ds Max, Maya, and Substance Designer or Painter.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!