This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console & PC Games
OPM’s client is an award-winning game developer for a variety of different studios and publishers. Specialising in multi-platform games development, with a proven track record creating cutting-edge titles.
Based in beautiful northern city of Leeds, it’s a very exciting time to join them as they work on several prestigious titles for current gen and next gen platforms, including their own IP.
In this role you will support art quality and help to make visually stunning game experiences in collaboration with their multi-disciplined development teams.
- Proficiency in coding and documenting user-facing tools for art creation and workflow, with brilliant UI and error handling
- Strong Python skill and understanding of C# or other commonly used languages
- Experience developing pipelines for proprietary engines and tools across multiple shipped titles
- Skilled in balancing aesthetic needs and optimisation and able to foresee conflicts in early
- Proficiency in working with digital art content creation tools such as Maya, 3DS Max Photoshop, Substance, etc.
- Understanding of rigging, shaders, and VFX
- Understanding of artistic principles such as scale/proportion, lighting, composition etc.
- Act as the bridge between code and art, certifying that the art team has the ideal tool set to meet the demands of AAA content creation
- Be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of efficient and feature rich art asset creation tools, plugins, and pipelines
- Work together with the art team and technical programmers
- Promote technical and artistic best practices to ensure high-quality asset delivery
- Assist in planning your work and the work of others
- Mentor less experienced developers, sharing knowledge and best practices with the team
- Shipped multiple titles with at least one AAA game in a key position
- Console development experience
- Experience with Unity & Unreal Engine
- Annual Bonus
- 27 Days Holiday
- Health, mental health, and wellbeing support
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Life Assurance & Income Protection
- Relocation Support & Visa Sponsorship
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214412!