OPMs client is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Technical Artist to join their passionate team
The successful candidate will design and build engaging experiences that are enjoyed by their players all over the world.
You will also be highly technical and possess the eye of an artist. Being forward looking you’ll take the lead developing and sourcing technical solutions and optimisations that are balanced to maximise the end visual quality and fidelity of our content.
- An Artist-first mindset with solid engineering skills. Whilst you’re very technically inclined, you have developed an artistic eye.
- Expert knowledge of content creation software, especially Maya, Blender, Houdini, Zbrush, Substance, and Photoshop.
- Expertise programming in languages such as Python & C#
- Experience developing for mobile and an excellent understanding of the performance characteristics of mobile hardware, Unity, scalability, performance profiling techniques and optimization (CPU / GPU / Shaders / Models).
- Advanced knowledge of building, implementing and improving art tools in Unity.
- A superb understanding of the technical aspects of game art creation.
- The chops to lead the creation of high-quality game art efficiently.
- Proven expertise of working with art teams and leads to deliver the game to the artistic vision.
- Excellent multitasking, organisational, communication, and team collaboration skills.
- A proven career of hands-on experience as a Technical Artist and have shipped multiple titles on mobile or handheld.
- Proven experience in content creation risk management.
- ‘AAA’ knowledge in one field of technical art.
- Technical animation experience.
- Collaborating with artists and programmers to ensure assets can be efficiently integrated into our games.
- Maintaining and developing the efficiency of our workflow, content pipelines, and tools for the art team. Identifying and developing new systems and tools when beneficial.
- Evaluating, sourcing and developing the most efficient asset system or process that considers whether developing, co-developing or an off the shelf solution is best.
- Maintaining and sharing knowledge of cutting edge industry trends and technology in content tools, process, pipelines, and related hardware / software.
- Analysing and adjusting the framework for art asset creation that balances performance, efficiency and artistry, to achieve optimal run time visual quality and game performance.
- Analysing art asset performance efficiency and in game usage to ensure excellent game performance by collaborating with engineers, artists and designers.
- Managing and Mentoring the technical art team.
- Task management for the art team and autonomously finding solutions.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415