Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Tools Programmer to join our team situated in Sofia, Bulgaria working on a daily basis as part of our dedicated teams in the UK.
In this exciting role, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining one of our many in-house editors for the Total War franchise. They will work alongside other developers for knowledge sharing, development managers for all things agile and sprint-related, and end-users to ensure that their user experience is as good as it can be. As a Senior on the team they will provide guidance and support to junior programmers on the team.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Have responsibility for development and maintenance of one of our in-house editors.
- Collaborate with others on the Editor team to further develop our editor technologies on a large scale.
- Work with artists, designers, and others to understand requirements and implement changes accordingly.
- Participate in regular sprint planning and retrospectives with development managers to facilitate efficient workflows.
- Offer guidance to junior and regular programmers within the team as a mentor.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Strong C++ programming knowledge.
- Desire to learn and keep up with modern C++.
- Experience with developing tools and other GUI-based applications.
- Experience with designing and maintaining large systems.
- Experience with working in the games industry.
- Good knowledge of patterns such as MVC and MVVM.
- An unwavering mindset for good UX.
- Ability to write long-lasting code and have strong awareness of technical debt.
- Ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with end-users.
- Experience with UI frameworks such as Qt and ImGui.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief