Senior UI ArtistA fantastic opportunity for a Senior UI Artist to join a highly creative UI team here at HARDlight to work on world famous IPs and original titles in development.
You’ll work closely with the game teams, bringing your creative vision and passion to create intuitive, fun and visually stunning UI across mobile, PC and console titles.
We develop in small teams, so you’ll have a lot of independence, ownership and variety throughout each project. As a senior, you’ll be a key pillar of the game and UI teams.
- Concept, mockup and produce final assets for high quality vibrant UI visuals.
- Work with the game designers to develop the UX for our game’s features by creating wireframes, game flows and prototypes.
- Create visuals and solutions that are flexible and efficient and help ensure they are implemented in game as per the intended design.
- Mentor junior team members to help share skills and level the team up.
- Contribute to the development of style guides and UI art pipelines.
- Communicate your ideas and solutions effectively with the team.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven UI experience on at least one shipped title and a very strong UI portfolio.
- Demonstrate a high level of typography, iconography, composition, colour theory and graphic design skills.
- Strong knowledge of UX practices and goals to help wireframe and prototype UI designs with the player in mind.
- Ability to create as well as adapt to and follow a variety of artistic styles.
- Knowledge of game engine technical constraints and creating optimised assets.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- A team player, able to give and take constructive advice and feedback with colleagues in a respectable manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and articulate ideas clearly.
- Independent and pro-active in your work, requiring minimal management overhead and able to manage your time effectively.
- Have a genuine interest in stylised, fun and vibrant art styles.
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is REQUIRED
- Development experience on a wide variety of mobile platforms.
- Practical experience of implementing interfaces using the Unity UI system or similar.
- Skills in animation and motion graphics (After Effects / Flash or similar).
- Knowledge of 3D packages for developing rendered icons and visuals.
Why work at HARDlight?
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes ULEV car salary sacrifice, life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme
- We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making HARDlight the best it can be
- 6 weeks work from home allowance
- For gaming buffs, we offer free SEGA games on Steam and a home technology scheme, or if you’re more of a foodie, you can take advantage of fresh fruit, cereal & toast every day
- Take advantage of our weekly training time and training budget to keep learning and improving your skills
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
This is an onsite hybrid role – 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.