This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Strategy Games
Our client is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of players!
They also recently unveiled their next title: a historical strategy epic where you will be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age.
Their close relationship with the community is for a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. They are, of course, happy that their games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly they are proud of the way they create games together with players.
They are looking for a Senior Tools Programmer to contribute to their new projects. More specifically, under the supervision of the Technical Director and in collaboration with the dev and design teams, you will help structure and implement new tools and enhance existing ones, considering their needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with both programmers and game designers to assess the needs for tools
- Translating these into ergonomic, intelligible tool designs, which are harmonized, coherent with the game’s vision, and using a set of internal tools developed using a shared framework
- Creating easy-to-use tools which allow for seamless and quick iteration on the game
- Gathering the team’s feedback and continuously maintaining, improving, and debugging tools
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Video Games
- Extensive experience in the video game industry in a similar or relevant position
- Excellent C# ability, Unity working knowledge
- Sharp understanding of Game Designers’ needs and ability to translate them in effective, user-friendly tools
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (game designers, producers, programmers…)
- Responsible & creative
- Fully fluent in English
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!