Software Developer in Test - QA - SDET
We are looking for a Software Developer in Test who will work closely with QA to build new tools and help improve an automated testing framework that compliments the difficult challenge of testing Football Manager.
This is a newly created role, which will add considerable value to the overall quality of the game and empower our QA team to be able to do more at an even higher quality level. We need a forward thinking SDET, willing to take responsibility for an important area and who wants their work and contribution to make a big impact to the business.
- Designing, building and testing new tools and systems which aid QA and the business in our ongoing quest to release better quality games year on year.
- Own our automation system, understanding the requirements, scoping out the work and delivering in an agile environment.
- Working to improve testing scope and coverage which will massively help prevent and find issues within Football Manager, across all SKUs.
- Making a significant contribution to defining, maintaining, and improving our testing architecture and implementing best practice
- 3+ years of C++ experience
- Experience designing and developing automation test frameworks. Lua scripting experience a bonus.
- Ability to work under pressure, own issues, analyse in detail and be solutions driven.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Bonus points for experience in our backend tech stack of PHP, Apache , Ubuntu, MySQL 8, Laravel, Vue JS, Inertia JS, Tailwind CSS, Node JS, Socket.io, Laravel Websockets
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global pool of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. But no matter how big we dream, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
We like our talent tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best, and encourage our people to fiercely realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do; one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
And if you want a work/life balance, we’re behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid and remote working options. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll even explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences.
And when you’re not here making the world’s best management games, there’s a top-class benefits package for permanent team members based in the UK, including gym membership, private health, and dental care, plus many more perks. For those permanent team members outside of the UK, we strive to offer equivalent and localised benefits. We’re also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden and Finland.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.