The studio behind the Project CARS and NFS Shift franchises is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our Gameplay team.
Reporting to the Gameplay Lead, you will be involved in all gameplay and application areas of our games, including game modes, racing systems, user experiences and multiplayer gameplay.
We can offer fully remote working in addition to onsite-hybrid working at one of our UK based studios. Use and develop your knowledge and skills to help us drive our player experience to the next level!
- Take an active part in the game design process to shape our gameplay features
- Transform feature designs and specifications into high functioning code
- Work with Technical Directors, Departmental Leads and Programming Team to design and implement new software and contribute to technical design documents
- Work with various departments and technologies to implement features
- Profile, maintain, debug and update existing software
- To manage memory effectively and efficiently
- Build stable, resilient, and maintainable systems
- Communicate regularly and professionally with colleagues to aid software development, execute processes and perform required duties
- Help establish and maintain technical best practices
- Code review peer’s work and provide constructive feedback
- C++ coding experience in video games on at least one shipped title
- Excellent debugging skills
- Comfortable with 3D mathematics
- Taken one or more games from start to finish in a gameplay role
- Experience with current generation console programming
- Experience working with multi-threaded architectures
Additional desirable experiences
- Multiplayer gameplay experience
- Lower-level system programming experience
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.