Avalanche Studios Group and its creative self-publishing division, Expansive Worlds are looking for a skilled and highly motivated Technical Animator. The role can be based out of the beautiful cities of Malmö or Stockholm in Sweden (a relocation package can be provided if required).
As a Technical Animator you will be responsible for skinning and rigging characters and other in-game objects, setting-up and maintaining animation pipelines and facilitating animators and designers to help maximize efficiency in feature development. As a small team we look to promote autonomy where each developer has great ownership and can drive their area of the game forward. The Technical Animator works closely with animators, character artists, animation code and technical artists.
You'll be responsible for
- Character rigging and setup for human, weapon and animal character
- Driving animation pipelines, and regularly improving upon them
- Working in collaboration with animators, designers and programmers to implement realization of player mechanics and npc characters
- Communicating effectively with content teams to identify workflow issues, spec out the plan to solve them, and then drive that plan to a shippable state
- Using your technical expertise to find creative solutions to challenging problems
- Python scripting experience
- Knowledge of Autodesk animation software (Maya/Motionbuilder)
- Strong understanding of character mechanics and animation pipelines/workflows
- Experienced in rigging and skinning
- Owning and maintaining animation state machines
- Clear and open communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Desire to work as part of a team; taking feedback and direction appropriately, and the motivation to work independently
- Experience working on open-world games or FPS games
- Experience working with player mechanics
- Driving animation state machine tools and pipeline improvements
- Some C++ programming experience
Employee promiseWe provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
Our ValuesAt Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to ApplyWe will only consider candidates who have submitted their CV and can work from the office in Malmö/Stockholm a few days a week.To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis. All further information is provided under a non-disclosure agreement only.