We are looking for a talented technical animator to join our in-house team in Sofia, Bulgaria, where they will have the opportunity to make an impact on our new innovative title alongside a team of experienced professionals in the field. You will have the chance to develop your expertise on a unique new project in Unreal Engine 5 and work as part of a world class team to create an immersive and fun gaming experience.
As a technical animator you will be tasked with skeleton authoring, rigging, and skinning of AAA game characters. You will be responsible for solving diverse problems while assisting the character art and animations teams. You will also be closely engaged in the creation and maintenance of the skeletal and rig pipelines. Your duties will include identifying bottlenecks, improving workflows as well as development and maintenance of In-house tools.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Prior experience as a Technical Animator / Rigger or similar position
- Proficiency in rigging and skinning of bipeds, creatures & winged for real-time applications
- Production experience coding Python tools for animation & pipeline in Maya
- Advanced knowledge of procedural/modular rigging tools (proprietary or third-party)
- Knowledge of deformation methods beyond basic skinning (corrective shapes, etc)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Good self-organizational skills and ability to work well in a team
- Knowledge of UE animation blueprints, state machines, control rigs, physics etc
- Understanding of topology and how it relates to character animation, rigging and skinning
- Qt or Pyside Maya UI tool scripting
- Familiarity with version control systems (Perforce, git, Subversion)
- Understanding of real-time rendering pipelines and optimizations
- Facial rigging experience (+ FACS)
- Shipped AAA Unreal Engine game title
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Discounts for home technology and for gym membership cards, as well as Food and Utilities vouchers
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.