Expansive Worlds is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players and best known for the long-standing and successful theHunter franchise.
We are now looking for a smart, driven and creative Technical Designer to join us to work on Call of the Wild: The Angler.
The PositionAs a Technical Designer you will be responsible for scripting events, experiences and systems inside of open-worlds to craft immersive and interactive locations. You’ll be hands-on with the Apex Engine and its editor using visual scripting, working collaboratively with World Artists and other Designers to deliver worlds that balance visuals and gameplay requirements equally.On a day to day basis, you will be implementing new missions and content as well as interacting with the team, community and telemetry to balance and refine existing systems. You’ll be involved in the creative process, as part of the design team, able to influence the moment to moment gameplay and future features.
As your work affects a broad selection of game aspects, we see the perfect candidate as having a passion for exploring new possibilities, with practical experience from different areas of game development. If you are a person who likes being challenged and stimulated in an ambitious and talented environment this position will suit you perfectly!
Who you are:
- A deep understanding of visual scripting, with demonstrable examples of work in this area.
- Be able to utilize constructive feedback and/or data effectively to iterate and balance gameplay systems.
- The ability to work closely with other departments, with an understanding of dependencies and associated workflows to collaborate on overlapping systems.
- Self-motivated in setting and reaching goals while able to produce results as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
- A great sense of technical know-how and functional problem-solving, ideally with some basic coding experience.
- The ability to communicate ideas and requirements clearly to stakeholders.
- Experience with various game engines, editors and their workflows.
- Passion for making and playing games.
The Liverpool location
Our United Kingdom location is in Liverpool, a maritime city with a diverse blend of cultures and a plethora of museums, restaurants, pubs, nightlife, as well as a booming gaming scene. Liverpool’s storied history as a port city is ever-present, and within just an hour you’ll find wide sandy beaches, Chester Zoo, Martin Mere Nature Reserve, and the Southport Pleasureland amusement park. It’s a great city to visit and a perfect place to live.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we create worlds beyond limits. But that’s not exclusive to our games, so we’re committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. All Avalanchers have a shared responsibility to create an open work environment where everyone is treated equally and respectfully. Being part of our world is not contingent on your heritage, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please register below and provide your CV in English. We review applications continuously. All further studio-related information is provided under a non-disclosure agreement.