We are now looking for a Technical Director to support our R&D and prototyping group within Systemic Reaction, one of our Divisions at Avalanche Studios Group. You will play an important role in contributing to the creation of immersive and high-performing experiences. This is a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation and experimentation, leading our talented engineering team in leveraging Unreal Engine technology to work on ground-breaking projects! The person we’re looking for will be based in either Stockholm or Liverpool.
The PositionAs the Technical Director, you will be responsible for establishing best practices to ensure that our technology is scalable and can be effectively utilized across multiple game projects. Additionally, you will develop technical roadmaps that encompass both prototyping and go-to-market plans. This role requires someone who thrives in the experimentation phase, has broad technical skills, and can navigate various aspects of game development.
What you’ll do:
- Mentor and support engineers in Unreal Engine development, fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth within the team.
- Establish best practices and guidelines, ensuring consistency and efficiency in development processes across multiple R&D teams.
- Develop and communicate technical roadmaps.
- Lead the experimentation phase of development, exploring new technologies and methodologies to drive innovation and improve game performance.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to direct reports, empowering them to achieve their full potential and contribute to the overall success of the team.
Who you are:
- Extensive experience in Unreal Engine development, with a strong understanding of its capabilities and best practices.
- Have shipped titles in Unreal, preferably multiplayer.
- Solid understanding of game development processes, including prototyping, testing, and optimization.
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to effectively articulate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You are a person who thrives in the experimentation phase.
- You have broad technical skills and can handle different aspects of game development and can go across the game.
The Liverpool location
Our United Kingdom location is in Liverpool, a maritime city with a diverse blend of cultures and a plethora of museums, restaurants, pubs, nightlife, as well as a booming gaming scene. Liverpool’s storied history as a port city is ever-present, and within just an hour you’ll find wide sandy beaches, Chester Zoo, Martin Mere Nature Reserve, and the Southport Pleasureland amusement park. It’s a great city to visit and a perfect place to live.
The Stockholm location
Our Stockholm office is situated in Södermalm, the beating heart of the city’s game industry. It’s a physical representation of our games – the lush vegetation of Just Cause and theHunter: Call of the Wild meets corroded metal straight out of Mad Max. It has everything you need to make it your creative base camp.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we create worlds beyond limits. But that’s not exclusive to our games, so we’re committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. All Avalanchers have a shared responsibility to create an open work environment where everyone is treated equally and respectfully. Being part of our world is not contingent on your heritage, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please register below and provide your CV in English. We review applications continuously. All further studio-related information is provided under a non-disclosure agreement.