One Player Mission’s client is all about crafting the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. For more than 20 years, they have been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world. They are looking for a talented and passionate Technical Lead to help create them.
As a Technical Lead, you will be accountable for all of engineering in your project. You will lead the engineering teams, overseeing the day to day development of the game while liaising with production as well as the studio technical leadership to establish and maintain technical direction.
As the main technical point of contact for the project and in charge of all technical aspects of the game, you will work within the Core Leadership team of the project, leverage your engineering discipline leads, liaise with game design, level design, art and production teams, and act as the main technical point of contact for the project.
- Leading engineering teams.
- Setting clear technical direction, intent, and best practices within your team.
- Co-ordinating technical planning and task scheduling with production.
- Working with the studio technical leadership to establish and maintain technical direction.
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them.
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality.
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Extensive knowledge of overseeing a large engineering team throughout the full game development cycle on a shipped title.
- Professional experience overseeing a team of engineers.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Deep understanding Creating and maintaining roadmaps and technical plans.
- Experienced and proficient in C++.
- Professional Unreal Engine 4/5 development experience on PC and/or consoles.
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with waterfall and/or agile production methodologies.
BONUS SKILLS (Good to have)
- Experience with resource planning and recruitment
- Experience developing Game-as-a-Service games.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418!