VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. We are on a mission to bring holographic display to the mass consumer market. Our software and IP for Computer-Generated Holography is used by the biggest technology companies, developing next-generation products in gaming, automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of introducing a genuinely revolutionary new technology into the market, and to be part of an innovative and enthusiastic business poised for dramatic growth in the metaverse.
What is a Product Owner at VividQ?
Our Product Owners help organise the day-to-day work and support and define monthly, quarterly and longer term business goals across all areas of the company. It’s a unique role that enables you to explore, understand and influence the full breadth of an exciting, growing deep tech company working in Computer-Generated Holography. Product Owners are curious by nature, asking questions that drill down to key issues and their solutions. From day one, you will be immersed in all aspects of our business, from helping to direct cutting-edge technical research to coordinating the long-term path to market for next-generation augmented reality devices.
Who are we looking for?
If you are considering a career move, this is an exciting opportunity as no prior product owner experience is expected (on-the job training will be provided). Ideally you will be a recent PhD or an ambitious STEM graduate with a few years of relevant work experience behind you. You will be joining a small team of Product Owners who are smart, detail-oriented professionals with a passion for excellence. As the role comes with plenty of responsibility from the outset, you will be expected to have demonstrable experience of being self-organised from either relevant project management activities or the recent completion of a PhD. You will need to be a strong communicator as we will require you to take a proactive approach to address problems as they arise.
Your career progression:
We look to partner with all our employees on their roles and careers to align both organisational and individual needs. Becoming a Product Owner will see you develop key skills suited for a range of technical roles, offering progression into both project and people management and a development pathway to becoming a Senior Product Owner.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Closely collaborating with software, hardware (electronics, optics, mechanics), IP and product management scrum teams to keep all areas of the business on track and informed on a project's development.
- Writing detailed product features and user stories which ensure a feasible approach exists, dependencies and relationships to other work are considered, and what we need to achieve and why it is valuable are clear
- Supporting technical teams in applying the principles of agile to effectively break down business goals into product features and then into manageable and estimable stories
- Understanding the commercial goals of the business to be able to appropriately and effectively prioritize work
- Using a work management tool (i.e. Jira) to process new user stories and ensure all stories, epics and features are correctly organized and visible to the business
What you'll need:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from a leading university ideally in engineering, computing, or another STEM discipline
- Excellent spoken and written communication in highly technical subjects
- Excellent skills in analysis, questioning, and compartmentalisation
- Experience and enthusiasm for taking ownership and responsibility for solving problems
- Resilience demonstrated either in or out of a work environment
Applications will be strongly preferred from candidates that additionally have:
- Work experience in software development
- Experience in organising technical teams either through personal initiative or a defined role
- Familiarity with the Agile Methodology (we use Jira)