Making games is hard, but it’s your mission to make it as easy and efficient as possible. As an experienced Tools Programmer, you thrive on applying your broad knowledge of C++ and various game engines to help your team work better and smarter. You’re an excellent communicator, capable of talking to your teammates and identifying and prioritizing the tools, pipelines, and technologies to help them make innovative, entertaining games.
- Implement tools software to support the development of all projects.
- Talk to people in the company from all disciplines to identify areas where tools development could help.
- Work with the Head of Software and CTO to prioritise the development of tools.
- Identify the appropriate language to use to develop each tool.
- Implement tools within a game engine, either Unreal Engine or in our own C++ based engine.
- Continue to keep up with advances in technology and best practices in the industry.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- At least 3 years experience as a Tools Programmer in the Games Industry.
- Experience with C++, C# and Python.
- Excellent communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with multi-platform titles.
- Experience working in Unreal Engine.
- Must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Must be willing to work onsite in Dundee or East Linton, Scotland.