Project: AAA Games
The UI Artist is a key part of our clients growing UI Team. Having an excellent eye for detail, they are looking for someone who can create world class User Interface graphics that support and enhance the gameplay experience. They work with very high-profile clients on amazing game titles and the quality of their UI art work is critical to satisfying and retaining their loyalty.
- Create high quality 2D user interface graphical artwork, from wireframe prototypes and concepts, through to implementation in game, including bug fixing and polishing.
- Assist with concepting new ideas, exploring new techniques and refining the UI to enhance the player experience.
- Following specified art direction and working in collaboration with other departments, create beautiful icons, menus, buttons and front-end HUD graphics, and assist in both providing and implementing feedback.
- Work with the Art Director to ensure consistency between initial vision and final assets.
- Ensure work meets all technical constraints, have an awareness of memory usage, optimisation and the impact of artwork on frame rate.
- Adhere to guidelines regarding naming conventions, texture layering structures, folders etc.
- With a professional and organised approach, you stick to schedules, promptly feedback any concerns, update Jira and communicate progress.
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the art team.
- Add to library of tutorials, documents and technical guides to improve efficiency in the art pipeline and be proactive in finding solutions to technical issues.
- Mentor Junior UI Artists and help promote a culture of collaborative innovation.
- Excellent graphical artistic ability, with a clear understanding of colour theory, proportion, layout, composition and use of negative space.
- A passion for graphic design, iconography, typography and an appreciation of the importance of the UI flow and functionality.
- Very good working knowledge and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator/XD or similar for vector graphic creation.
- Good understanding of various other tools used in game development and experienced in using current game editors such as Unreal or Unity.
- Good communication and organisation skills and confident working as part of a multidisciplinary art team.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks, and a hunger to learn and improve as a UI Artist.
- Flexible and calm approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to deliver quality work within fixed time constraints.
- Passion for staying up to date with latest technology and embracing new game art techniques and emerging UI/UX trends.
- Experience of working within game development.
- At least 1 published title.
- Experience in Figma / Adobe XD or similar prototyping tool and After Effects.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!