This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM are working with a long-standing partner in the Games Industry looking for a talented and creative UI Programmer to join their studio.
The successful candidate will be a technically proficient programmer who understands the need for great attention to detail with a passion for UI/UX.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Portfolio or demo reel of your past work to get a feel for your flair, design skills, and your enthusiasm for making games.
- Passionate about design and implementation of UI systems to AAA level.
- Solid C++ skills and an ability to write readable/maintainable code.
- Strong experience as a UI programmer in the games industry.
- An understanding of graphics technologies including HLSL/PSSL shaders.
- Ability to take a concept from high level through to implementation, and the ability to evaluate the quality of your own work.
- Experience debugging and rectifying code in a complex multithreaded codebase.
- Working within the same time zone as the UK, due to the need for close real time collaboration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help shape the continually evolving front-end of their title.
- Working on elements including social networking features, leader boards, community jams, comprehensive search options, user customisation and more.
- Working on their custom game engine, having the chance to adapt the technology to meet your own requirements.
- Although UI/UX will be the focus, there will be many opportunities to broaden your skillset to other areas of programming including gameplay features, networking, and optimisation.
- Classic artistic ability.
- Private health and life insurance
- Income protection
- Bonus scheme
- Free lunches
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!