Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced UI Programmer to join our talented team to work on HYENAS, our exciting new shooter. This role will be based at one of our studios in Horsham, West Sussex.
As a UI Programmer working on CA’s exciting new Shooter, you will be uniquely situated to make substantial contributions to the game’s UI systems and features, both visually and technically.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be fully remote, hybrid or full-time office. The expectation for hybrid working is an average of one day per week in our Horsham studio. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As a UI Programmer, you will be responsible for the technical aspects of shaping the UI throughout all the areas of the game. You will work closely with UI designers and artists to inform and support the implementation of UI features.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Brainstorm and prototype new ideas
- Be very involved with other teams, from providing support to emerging gameplay features/systems
- Aid other teams in using the UI systems you have put in place, to maintain a standard of performance and quality.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent in C++
- Experience with UE4 game development
- Experience with UI frameworks
- Being able to work well with other disciplines
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience with developing UI systems in UE4 using UMG
- Experience using Slate in UE4
- Experience integrating with services
- Experience working on/playing FPS games
- Experience with one profiling tool, either Unreal’s built-in or third-party.
- Experience with replication in UE4
- Experience with localisation
- Good understanding of geometry/trigonometry
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.